Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Almost forgot

There's also this.


AN ACT to amend 302.372 (2) (a) (intro.) and 302.372 (3); and to create 66.0408
and 175.55 of the statutes;  relating to: local ordinances, determining the
lawful presence of a person arrested for or charged with a crime or certain civil
violations, and providing a penalty.


...



Under the bill, a person who cannot prove his or her lawful presence may be
held in secured custody for up to 48 hours to allow the person to obtain
documentation of his or her lawful presence.  If the person produces the required
documentation, he or she may be released.

So, right now my driver's license is expired (as of my birthday, Sunday March 6). Since that's not valid ID, I would need to have upon my person my Alien Registration Card to prove I'm a lawful permanent US resident (and would be subject to being detained until I provided the goods).

I don't even know where that card is, for starters. I purposely do NOT keep it on me as replacing it would be a phenomenal pain in the ass. But off I go to look for it. Just in case.

Jackasses.

No comments: