Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Aug wha?

There are a host of real-life topics to get caught up on, but I felt the need to vent about a niggling little thing.

I am, for the most part, quite content with life. It would be great to have a little more work (and to be paid on time for my work) but I haven't pushed it. It's been nice to have a taste of summer, sleep in a bit even as I tap-tap-tap well into the night. It's a rhythm that suits me.

What doesn't suit me? Being asked to do more work on a commission-only basis. I haven't done that in, God, YEARS, and it feels too much the backward step. Especially when it's an area I have a proven track record in.

When I started down this path I never saw myself turning down work. It's probably silly as who couldn't use the money, right? Thing is, I do need the money and have the time to work and earn it. But that time invested is worth something; I have to make it worth something.

That is all.

No comments: